Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Webpage Overhaul

I spent today giving the Harless Homepage a new look - it was long overdue but it is one of those things that aren't really urgent enough to make it to the top of the to-do list. One thing that was much higher up that list was getting some of the databases back online. These were incompatible with the (new a few years ago) server and I knew I needed to write a new script and make new databases - those things are just about as boring as they sound - so obviously I put that off in favor of the fun things like research.

Today I finally finished the first database makeover and I was feeling very pleased with myself right up until I remembered I still hadn't given the page it's new look. But I am invincible. I decided to update the site before I took the database live. And then I decided the blog needed an updated look. And then I decided the family tree needed a new look too. Nearly 2,000 pages in total. And I did it! Yes, I'm bragging. I usually don't, but this is a huge chunk of my very long to-do list cleared. Christmas shopping is now at the top of that list, but I have plenty of time for that, right?

Go check it out and let me know what you think of it.
Newly Renovated Harless Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment